- Sponsoring organization must pay the overtime charge for City staff and equipment.
- The Saturday overtime rate for a CleanSweep is $96.00 per hour for one truck and driver.
- Solid Waste & Recycling will absorb the costs to dispose of the materials.
- Neighborhood groups and block clubs organize volunteers to walk through their area and load accepted items into a City truck.
- Volunteers also can sweep sidewalks, rake alleys, pull weeds, pick up litter, remove graffiti and perform whatever tasks are necessary to keep their neighborhood clean.
- Contact your neighborhood organization or block club leader to find out if you will have a CleanSweep this year.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Neighborhood CleanSweeps can be arranged by neighborhood organizations or registered block clubs. This is a great way to clean up your neighborhood. Organizers can best identify the needs of their neighborhood and tailor cleanup efforts to address those needs.