- Absentee voting prior to the primary
- Election Day registration for the September 9 Primary -- since pre-registration closed August 19
- Voting Precinct Finder -- find the polling place for your residence &view a picture of your polling place and the Sample Ballot for your precinct
- How to pre-register for the November 4 General Election
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The Bryant Neighborhood Organization (BNO) is seeking to contract with an individual who will serve as Neighborhood Coordinator. The Neighborhood Coordinator will report directly to the BNO Board and its chair, and will perform a wide-range of services for the BNO including community outreach, policy development and advocacy, and administrative/office management tasks. A qualified applicant will be self-motivated, able to work both independently and with teams of community volunteers, open to learning new skills, and willing to perform a variety of tasks from event coordination to basic accounting. The BNO anticipates that the Neighborhood Coordinator will serve at a 40 hour/week capacity, though this and all other terms of the contract are negotiable.
The Bryant Neighborhood is located in South Minneapolis, with boundaries extending from East 38th Street to the north, Chicago Avenue to the east, East 42nd Street to the south, and Interstate 35W to the west. The BNO is responsible for directing Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) funds to neighborhood use and for implementing a variety of programs and activities including homeowner loan/assistance programs, monitoring a range of development and planning activities in and around the Bryant Neighborhood, promoting neighborhood cleanup and other revitalization programs, and organizing neighborhood outreach and community-building events. Scope of Activities:
- Works with the BNO Board and its chair to accomplish the organization’s short and long term programmatic and financial goals and objectives.
- Works with the BNO Board, NRP staff, and local decision-makers to manage the efforts of the BNO Board to develop a neighborhood action plan and apply for funding through the NRP Phase II process.
- Provides support to standing committees of the BNO Board, assists in planning and implementing community events and other outreach activities, which may include fundraising initiatives.
- Represents the BNO Board at certain events and community meetings, advocates for the positions of the BNO Board to local decision-makers.
- Assists the BNO Board in designing, producing, and coordinating the distribution of a neighborhood newsletter.
- Assists the BNO Board with basic office-management tasks and institutional record-keeping.
- Assists the BNO Treasurer and Chair with basic accounting and bookkeeping practices.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to network with community leaders, volunteers, and city/neighborhood organization staff to gather information, learn necessary skills, and accomplish the goals and objectives of the BNO Board.
- Demonstrated ability and effectiveness working with volunteers and community leaders.
- Willingness to attend evening BNO and community meetings, work occasional evenings /weekends from time to time as necessary.
- Experience with event planning and/or community organizing.
- Experience with basic accounting and/or budgeting practices.
- Prior experience in fundraising that includes donor relations, and/or grant-funded project development and oversight.
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Bryant Neighborhood Resident
Application Process: Please email a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to Brian Pasko, BNO Chair at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.