|What:||The East Isles Residents' Association, the governing board of the East Isles neighborhood in Minneapolis, is in search of a contract consultant who will work with the Association to plan and implement programming for the NRP Phase II for EIRA.|
|When:||Application should be received by April 15, 2010|
- Organize the election of NRP Steering Committee according to the EIRA Participation Agreement approved by the EIRA Board 2-9-2010 and the NRP Policy Board
- Assist the Committee in developing its responsibilities and the Phase II action plan
- Develop the NRP budget and accounting procedures for Phase II funds
Phase II Plan
- Draft the plan to be approved by the Steering Committee and the EIRA Board
- Develop and implement the outreach plan, including but not limited to publicity, recruitment of volunteers, surveys, neighborhood involvement and meetings, etc.
- Develop a process for developing and deciding on priorities
- Write the Phase II Plan
- Ensure processes are in place to carry out plan
- Submit completed plan to city of Minneapolis
Supervision of Consultant
- The consultant will work directly with the NRP Steering Committee and be supervised by its chairperson, with consultation and approval as appropriate by the EIRA Board.
- Knowledge of NRP and the EIRA neighborhood
- Experience in writing plans and proposals
- Experience working with neighborhood groups and volunteers
- Experience working with budgets, surveys, and publicity
The contractor will be expected to work 10 hours/week and will be paid on an hourly basis commensurate with experience, between $15.00 and $18.00/hour. There are no benefits attached to the appointment. Contractor will be expected to have their own workspace and computer.
Application should be received by April 15, 2010. Submit a cover letter, resume, and names of 3 references to:
Nancy Johnston, President
2751 Hennepin Ave, S, Box 294
Minneapolis, MN 55408