The Lyndale Neighborhood Association (LNA) is an award-winning, nationally recognized community-based organization in South Minneapolis on the cutting edge of community development. LNA is currently seeking an energetic person who is well organized and an excellent communicator to be LNA's Volunteer and Fundraising Coordinator.
This is a new position for the organization. The Volunteer and Fundraising Coordinator will play an important role in supporting LNA's work to create a safe, vibrant, sustainable community. The primary responsibilities for this position are to manage LNA's volunteer program and to work with the Executive Director on implementing all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program including grant writing, individual giving, business sponsorships, and fundraising events.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits that requires some evening and weekend work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities for this position are to manage LNA's volunteer program and to implement all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program including grant writing, individual giving, business sponsorships, and fundraising events. Specific responsibilities for the position include: Volunteer Coordination - 40% of timeQualifications:
Grant writing - 25% of time
- Primary staff member responsible for managing LNA's volunteer program, which includes a focused effort on recruiting, retaining, and recognizing LNA's volunteers.
- Work with LNA staff and volunteers to coordinate volunteer involvement in LNA's programs and activities.
Individual and Business Solicitation - 20% of time
- Maintain grant calendar to ensure timely submission and reporting of grants.
- Work with LNA staff to develop grant proposals that support LNA's mission and vision.
- Develop relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation funders.
Outreach & Communications - 10% of time
- Develop and implement LNA's individual fundraising plan to increase individual giving to the organization.
- Work with LNA staff to help plan LNA's Open House and other fundraising events and activities.
- Manage LNA's business sponsorship program.
- Develop relationships with current and potential individual and business donors.
Other - 5% of time
- Will be the primary staff member working with the Lyndale Event and Activity Planners (LEAP), which organizes fun social events to help connect Lyndale Community Members with the rich arts and cultural activities in Minneapolis.
- Help prepare LNA's communication materials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
A competitive candidate will have:
- Minimum of one to three years of fundraising and/or volunteer management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A Bachelors degree in a related field
- Excellent personal organizational skills
- Working knowledge of computers, ability to run word processing, desktop publishing, email and database programs
- Have volunteer or work experience with community/neighborhood-based organizations
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours
- A passion and love for building a healthy community
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Compensation for this position will be $33,000 to $38,000 a year
Application review will begin on April 20th.
Lyndale Neighborhood Association
3537 Nicollet Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
LNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer