|url:||Environmental Education Toolkits|
Hennepin County has worked with former Community POWER grant recipients to develop toolkits for specific audiences. Toolkits have been developed for Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) groups, congregations, and community and neighborhood groups.
The toolkits include background information on environmental issues and activity ideas that are appropriate for adults, teens and youth.Full toolkits
Download toolkits for the following audiences:
The toolkits address a variety of environmental issues organized by subject area. The sections are:
- Reducing Waste
- Toxicity Reduction
- Water Quality
- Energy Conservation and Climate Change
Some of the activity ideas include:
- Reducing junk mail – build a junk mail tree
- Promoting reuse –host an eco fashion show
- Recycling more – play a sorting game
- Reducing toxicity – make non-toxic cleaner
- Recycling electronics – take a techno trash quiz
- Conserving energy – conduct a home energy audit
- Eating local foods – host a local foods potluck
- Protecting water quality- build a rain barrel
Hennepin offers funding, technical assistance and training to help organizations in specific sectors use the toolkits to educate and actively engage their audiences.
Learn more about grants and funding available through the Community POWER Networks program.